URD may extend duration 10 years The Dallas Urban Renewal District may extend the duration of its district, possibly another 10 or more years.
Ungricht steps down as mayor Terry Ungricht, the mayor and city manager of Falls City, resigned his mayoral responsibilities on Thursday.
Interact Club sees power of past decision Members Dallas High School’s Interact Club learned this week the impact of a decision it made two years ago.
FACES plans for uncertain future Christopher Scadden wants the students in his acting class to let their anger show.
PREP FOOTBALL: Falls City advances to semis ROSEBURG — There was something different about Falls City’s football team. Something that players recognized from the first day of ...
2017 ITEMIZER-OBSERVER ALL-REGION VOLLEYBALL PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Set up for success DALLAS — Among the words used to describe Emma Classen, loud isn’t one you’re likely to hear often.
- Oh Christmas treeChristmas trees, particularly the Noble fir variety, may be in short supply nationwide this year, but local tree farm operators ...
- Olsons take giving to ‘a new level’It takes a village, or so the saying goes.
- Police reportPolice report for Nov. 22
- PUBLIC AGENDAPublic Agenda is a listing of upcoming meetings for governmental and nongovernmental agencies in Polk County.
- Parents file lawsuit against school districtParents of current and former students of the Dallas School District are suing the district for its policy allowing a ...
- 2017 ITEMIZER-OBSERVER ALL-REGION FOOTBALL PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Heroic EffortINDEPENDENCE — When Central senior Isaiah Abraham scored the game-winning touchdown against Glencoe, he raised a finger to the sky.
- PREP FOOTBALL: Mountaineers fall in semifinalsHILLSBORO — Falls City’s football team’s ride in the state playoffs came to an end on Saturday.
- COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Wolves on the hunt for tourney berthMONMOUTH — When senior Tanner Omlid arrived at Western Oregon University two years ago, the men’s basketball team was about ...